ICSM 2022 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts Opens
Monday 11 October 2021
Abstract Submission Deadline
Wednesday 26 January 2022
Notification of Review Outcome
Tuesday 15 March 2022
Accepted Authors Confirm Attendance
Wednesday 13 April 2022
Programme Available Online
Friday 13 May 2022
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Conference on Science and Technology of Synthetic Materials, which will be held in Glasgow, Scotland from 17 – 22 July 2022.
The abstract submission process for ICSM 2022 will be through an online submission portal.
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission please contact the programme team at ICSM2022@conferencepartners.com
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by Wednesday 13 April 2022.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until Wednesday 13 April 2022. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
Contributed Talk Format:
Oral presentations are expected to be 15 minutes long including 5 minutes for questions and answers.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
At the review stage, the Programme Committee will consider which of the “Contributed Talk or Poster Presentation” submissions should be selected as a talk, based on the scientific interest of the abstract and space available. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
1. OLEDs, displays and lighting
3. OPVs and photodiodes
4. Perovskite and hybrid PV
5. Sensors and bioelectronics
7. Organic conductors and superconductors
8. Graphene and other 2D materials and devices
9. Spin and magnetism
11. Transparent conducting electrodes
12. Organic batteries and supercapacitors
13. Organic materials for thermoelectrics
14. Organic photo(electro) catalysis
15. Processing and structural characterization
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ICSM 2022. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract:
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ICSM 2022 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact ICSM2022@conferencepartners.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Contributed Talk or Poster, Poster Only)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 400, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
- Figures and graphs are permitted, but the full submission must be no longer than 1 A4 page long.
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the ICSM 2022 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only. Click on the button below to download the template.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ICSM 2022 Programme Committee.
Notifications will be issued on Tuesday 15 March 2022.
All presenters of accepted abstracts are required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by Wednesday 13 April 2022.
If a presenter fails to register by Wednesday 13 April 2022:
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ICSM 2022 related publication
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by Wednesday 13 April 2022 for all withdrawals and change of presenters.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ICSM 2022.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by Wednesday 13 April 2022 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 17 – 22 July 2022.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ICSM 2022 Programme Team.